Mood Board



I’m currently taking an online class given by Holly Becker author of Décor 8 and Leslie of Creative Mint. This week’s homework assignment was to create a personal mood board. I’m pretty happy with it, so I thought I’d share it here with you. The photo above is the whole board and below are some close ups I wanted to highlight.
As you’ve probably noticed if your one of my regular readers, I’m currently loving black, white and pink, so those are the colors I decided to work with when developing my board. I thought it was important to have layers of textures so I included: foil printed wallpaper, textured handmade papers, studded black leather, pink tulle, patent leather alligator paper, stingray textured paper, pompom trims, silver metal rimmed tags, and spiral sketchbooks. I really love the juxtaposition of textures like the biker studs and ballerina pink tulle mixed with fashion illustrations and super glam silhouettes!
I also love this black and white photo! In real life I’m a curly girl, the default photo I have on this blog is just the result of a great blow out, my hair doesn't really look like that on a daily basis! So I’ve always gravitated towards images and art with curls, especially when they’re this bold.
Being an artist, and that a big part of this blog is about my artwork I chose to include some of my illustrations. Most are from my etsy shop, but there’s also this sketch I did of my friends little sister that I’ve always really liked and her casual cool vibe just seemed to fit.
In addition to imagery that I liked I also chose key words that resonate with me, and what I want for this blog and for my life really; fashionable and chic, create and inspire, and fabulous doodles.

Leave a Comment

Jules said...

Absolutely gorgeous! It's obvious you are an artist. I adore your illustrations, too.

Renee said...

I think this is absolutely beautiful! I love your choice of colors and textures. And your illustrations are fabulous. I will be adding your blog to my list of favorites!
{a fellow BYW student}

Vicki Dreste said...

Your board is fabulous. I love looking at it.

Allison said...

I think your Illustrations are beautiful Brooke and the silhouettes you have used on your board create such a striking focal point - it's fantastic!
Allison xx

Annie said...

Brooke, I really like your board, especially the illustrated pieces & the little embellishments - those pom poms - so fun! I am totally inspired to break out my dusty, dusty sketch book. Very inspiring.

kendalee said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous board, and I've had a bit of a browse on your site and your doodles are fabulous indeed! See, now when I think of a doodle (or do one) it's a little squiggle, spiral or maybe a star on a very creative day, on a the edge of an envelope... so I'm very much in awe! I love all the new spaces and amazing blogging talents I'm discovering through this course and yours is one I'll definitely pop back to :)

Lana {lanalou style} said...

Gorgeous! So elegant!

decor8 Holly said...

I've always loved your illustrations, you know what of course, but here you have married your work with what inspires it and I really like that and also the mixing of pink and black. Very nice. xo

little yellow apple said...

I love your art/drawings. Your inspiration board is great (I'm a fellow BYW classmate) and I love your etsy shop. You're doing great work, keep it up!

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

Gorgeous! From perusing your blog, it seems to capture your vision so well. Love it!

frauheuberg said...

really really beautiful...and your work is amazing...love your drawing...;)...cheers ines

Lisa said...

Love your choice of color palette. Pink, black & white is certainly a favorite of mine, too - fun, girly and glam. Love your drawings and all the textures you used - super fun to look at. I'll be adding you to my regular read list.

Unknown said...

love it! =)

Meredith from PenelopeLovesLists said...

I love the colors and the elegant feel of this board. Great work!

Tina said...

beautifully done, love your illustrations! you are a very talented gal.

Brooke Hagel said...

Thanks everyone! It makes me so happy to read all of this positive feedback. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. =)
XOXO

Joselyn said...

Brooke,
What a phenomenol moodboard! You outdid yourself! And thanks so much for the Cannon tip.I will try it out this weekend. Enjoy!

Leslie said...

Hi Brooke -like everyone before me -I am so impressed with your board and your work. I love how you are so detailed and everything is executed with such care. Really inspiring.

Fallon Carmichael said...

Simply fabulous!!! I love the way you incorporated your sketch pads!

Anonymous said...

Omaworld... if you see me you have laugh (seeface) awesome niceeeesssssssss <3 it

NatalieJ said...

Great ideas! Wanted to know where I would purchase the round silver edged circle (hang tags?) that you wrote on? They would be great for my fashion design class:)

Cheers,
Natalie

Brooke Hagel said...

Natalie, any craft or scrapbooking store should have them.