Grandma Style



Three weeks ago one of my grandmas passed away at the age of 94. She lived near by, just over the bridge in Brooklyn Heights, in the very same apartment my dad grew up in, but sadly we weren't very close. Since she passed I've been combing through some of her old albums and photos, most of which I've never seen before. I wish she had shared these with me so I could have asked her questions about the faces, places, and times.
I picked a few fashionable favorites here, most of which are from the 1930's and 1940's. I just may have to add a new girl or two to my shop inspired by my grandma's style. (One photo, with the black dress and white pearl necklace, reminds me of my Allie sketch, only she has the wrong hair color.)

Leave a Comment

Unknown said...

Grandma Bobbe certainly had the "fashion diva" style! RIP Bobbe.

Emilyy.. said...

I love the style of the dresses back in the 30/40's they were so simple, though they made them look so elegant and sophisticated. :)
I'm a student studying fashion at the moment, and have found your blogs and illustrations inspirational. I have used them and your tips to improve my own illustrations. Love it!! :)
Keep it up you're fabulous. :)
I was wondering if you were going to do anymore blogs on your secrets and tips, I find them so useful and suprising everytime. X