Custom Illustration, Monika Chiang



A few weeks ago I stopped by Conde Nast to catch up with some of my favorite Vogue girls and chat about a couple of future projects. Needless to say sitting in the Vogue lobby always provides for amazing fashion and people watching but on this day I couldn't help but be a little star struck by the gorgeous designer Monika Chiang who was there presenting pieces from her latest collection to some of the Vogue editors.
After a few minutes I went inside and left the lobby but Monika's look was etched in my head. When I got home later that night I had to test out my markers on Vogue embossed paper to possibly use it for a future live sketching event and I decided who better to draw on my little "test sheet" then the chic Monika Chiang. Well, I whipped up a quickie sketch of Monika, sent a photo (shown above) off to Vogue, and they in turn forwarded it along to Monika's team!
Then last week I live-sketched at a 3 day event for Vogue and Nexxus (more about that next week) and Monika came to the opening night party where I surprised her with the original sketch! She was so sweet, and seemed to really love her custom fashion illustration. Monika's so sketchably chic, this may just be the first of many!

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

wow that's so great brooke!! how could she not love a custom brooke sketch?!?! i would love to people watch with you in the vogue lobby sometime!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?

I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for
a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely confused ..
Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Also visit my site: heat and air

Brooke Hagel said...

I use a free platform as well, blogger. I just threw myself into blogging really and figured it out as I went. Sorry to not be more helpful!