Inspired Weekend



This weekend was a fashion illustration filled working weekend for me as I had a bunch of custom sketches to finish and send to clients and brides but I did manage to squeeze a little Sephora trip, pop by a party and unexpectidly soak up more Charles James inspiration.

1. Left a party and stumbled upon Bergdorf Goodman's beautiful Charles James Beyond Fashion inspired windows. This photo shows the monochromatic white background of a couturier (which had a Louise Nevelson vibe; famous sculptor and a cousin of mine) complimenting James inspired gowns by Ralph Rucci, Zac Posen and Naeem Khan, among others.

2. Sketched all weekend. Here's a sneak peek of a custom bridal illustration, one of many I polished off and sent out to brides this weekend. (Can't share the whole sketch just yet, as the bride hasn't seen it yet!)

3. Popped by Elle's The Face season 2 finale party where I awkwardly made my first GIF in a Phhhoto animated photo booth. There I chatted with The Face host Nigel Barker about how incredible Monday's Met Costume Center press preview was! I told him I spotted him in one of the galleries while previewing the Charles James exhibit and we both gushed about the turnout. Nigel too was amazed by the elite fashion-crowd and said that the morning was even better than that evening's gala. Of his long career he said it was a truly one of the most remarkable events!

4. Marc Jacobs lip gel in Moody Margot. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick and/or pale pink gloss and this beauty is a welcomed addition to my makeup bag. I can't seem to get enough of Marc Jacobs Beauty and its sleek packaging design.

Leave a Comment

Codd Paris said...

Nice sketches, I love it, you're very talented,

Brooke Hagel said...

@Codd, Thank you!