Met Gala Red Carpet Inspired Fashion Illustrations



Today I'm excited to share some of the Met Gala red carpet fashion illustrations I illustrated. As I wrote about already, attending the Charles James exhibit press preview and getting a first look at the show alongside some of the fashion industry's biggest names was incredible, and it made me even more excited to get home and sketch the gala red carpet arrivals. For me the standout of this years red carpet was all the tulle and floral prints, and those are the looks I ended up sketching. First up, shown above is model Suki Waterhouse in a etherial strapless Burberry gown of endless layers of pale pink tulle ruffles.
Lately I've been incorporating gauche more and more into my illustrations and the stunning Marchesa gown that Karolina Kurkova wore was an ideal look to render in this medium. The structured black ball gown had gorgeous contrasting white flowers radiating from the waist and created such a dynamic look. It was one of my favorite gowns of the night, and now one of my favorite illustrations.
Another red carpet favorite was my friend and Vogue girl Cara Crowley in one of the sweetest gowns of the evening, a dreamy mint green Reem Acra. Cara was one of the first arrivals I saw on the carpet and my first illustration of the night. The amazing mint color combined with layers of delicate pleated tulle and polished old Hollywood hair was red carpet ball perfection.
And last but not least is a favorite actress and favorite designer of mine, Emmy Rossum in Carolina Herrera. This yellow gown was fully adorned with a large floral pattern and it was not only gorgeous but a fabulous standout statement on the Met red carpet. It was also a fun to illustrate such a big bold organic pattern. 

Since these illustrations were quite a hit with my social media, and I'm really pleased with all them, I've decided to sell prints of all the Met Gala inspired illustrations in my Etsy shop. You can find prints of Suki, Karolina, Cara and Emmy all available to purchase in Brooklit

Leave a Comment

Anonymous said...

These illustrations are fabulous! :)

Brooke Hagel said...

Thank you! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous xx